Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween

So, we survived our first Halloween as a family of three. And really, how bad could it have been with a three week old? She slept most of the evening away, in her adorable skeleton sleeper. I mean, who can resist this?:
It was a chill night. We hung out, I made caramel apples and hot apple cider, and Matt cooked a roast on the grill (YUM!). My mom and cousin Sandra came to hang out and watch "Monster House" with us. Unfortunately (fortunately?) we didn't get any trick or treaters. Not ONE! I have to say, I was disappointed. For some reason, I was really looking forward to handing out candy. In my mind, that makes us 'real' grown ups (because, being married and having a baby doesn't count, lol. It's all about passing out Halloween candy!) Oh well, maybe next year.
All in all, it was a pretty good night! And hey, at least I got some cute pictures out of it!

Matt, Cora and I:
His pumpkin was a zombie crawling out of the grave or something, mine was two pumpkins stacked on top of each other, and C's was a baby jack o' lantern. 
C and her side-kick, Betty:
They matched! We found the dog costume at Target, and the skeleton sleeper at Carter's.
The way I hoped to end my night:
She stayed this way for approximately...10 minutes. And then? She woke up and screamed for about 3 hours. Fun stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment